Back Yard BBQ, + Drama.....

We're throwing a BBQ. Just family and friends. so what maybe the issue?
My DH invited his friends that have talked crap about me behind my back. I found out about it, so hubby stopped hanging out with them so much.

Honestly he can invite who ever he wants, but my family knows about this and punches will be thrown is one bad thing about me comes out. I'm thinking as they come over I might just have one of my friends escort them out and let them know they are not welcome. Plus they can't handle their liquor, I don't need sloppy drunks at my home.

what route should I take with this matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• If hubby already invited them, let them come for now... YOU pull them aside and have a word with them before the party gets into full swing.. tell them that you are aware of whta they said, and only threw the good graces of your husband, and your respect for his feelings are they there. But if you hear about any trouble with them, they will have to leave. That way you gave your warning and them a chance. The minute you start to notice issues, have hubby escort them out.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:24 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I would have hubby call them and revoke the invitation. Why does he hang out with these people at all if they speak ill of you?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:26 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Exactly, sounds like the hubby is disrespecting you.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:28 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Either change the guest list or dont serve alcohol.

But honestly I have to REALLY question a man who doesnt stand up for his wife and stop socializing with people who are rude to her or about her.  I think the REAL issue is with the maturity of your husband.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Oh trust me I know the REAL ISSUE>

HUbby thinks he's cool with these people, they are his old college room mates who never matured past age 19. They don't have kids, they party whenever. on and on]
    My hubby and I married when hubby was 24, had our first when hubby was 22, and our second when hubby was 25. So he's a full on family man. I think they justremind him of the old times. But the old times are just that, old, move on with your life jack ass. UGH
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 AM on May. 28, 2011

• If hubby won't call an unvite them you should. Stop them at the door. Your house, your rules, your guest list.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:56 AM on May. 28, 2011

• if you do it that way, you also give them a chance to own up to their own words and apologize to you face to face. Which I feel they should do.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:27 PM on May. 28, 2011

• so why exactly did your husband invite these people if they are such a problem.
    They've already been invited, kind of late to change your mind on all of this now. If liquor is a issue, than don't have it. As for your family throwing punches, I'd say that maybe they could use some anger management.

all sounds a little off to me.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:58 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think you should let hubby know that you are not happy his asshole "friends" were invited, especially since you have issues with them and they still think they are the "big men on campus" frat boys... instead of grown up men. I do think you need to tell hubby that if his friends start drinking, are rude, make comments about you.... they will be asked to leave and escorted off the property and they will NOT be invited back again!!
    I hope they mind their manners, behave and do not ruin your BBQ with your family!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• To keep the Drama down tell hubby his friends can't come.....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:53 PM on May. 28, 2011