Chevrolet Traverse VS Dodge Durango

I'm looking at buying a new car and I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two. I'm looking primarily at the 2009s. LS on the Traverese and Non-hybrid on the Durango. Any thoughts? Do any of you drive either of these? How do you like it and which model & year do you have?

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 11:25 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Shopping

• I don't drive either, but I did hear a while back about some issue with the durangos. I'd check that out.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:54 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I'm a full Bore Dodge Girl!! Test drive both. Check for your both best prices and what is the best financing. What is the best gas mileage? And the best good coverage you can get with it. As far as maintenance!! Wishing you the best! I hope you find what works best for you!! Go Dodge!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:58 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I drive a Chevy Venture, obviously not what you asked, but I can say that after having 3 Chevys I am not a huge fan of GM. I believe that Dodge/Chrysler make a superior vehicle. You may want to compare consumer reviews and vehicle performance after a few years and a few thousand miles. The only reason we kept getting Chevy is because they were always cheaper, I think I understand why. I am not a die hard fan of any one company, but after this van DH and I agreed that we would rather spring for a little more expensive car than go for more expensive headaches down the road. My 2005 Venture has had more problems than MILs 1999 Chrysler Town and Country. I know it's not what you asked but hopefully I gave you a useful answer. :)
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 11:59 AM on May. 28, 2011

• These are the two I'm stuck between in getting with 3rd row seating! I'm thinking being a lil smaller, the Chevy would have better fuel mileage, but if you needed more trunk space, you'll have to sacrifice up to three seats in the back of the Chevy, only two in the durango. My girlfriend has a traverse, and it drives just like my Laredo, only smaller, and not quite as high from the ground. The durango is quite a bit bigger.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:01 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I personally prefer the Durango over the Traverse - I don't own either, but I've driven both and know people who own both. The Durango is a bit more family-friendly IMO.
    Anonymous

• I loved my Durango (2001 ... back when they were ALL V8s and not those stupid V6 models) until the engine blew a head gasket *sigh* and this is coming from someone who HATES with a passion minivans, jeeps, trucks and SUVs. To be fair, she did have almost 200k on the odometer.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:17 PM on May. 28, 2011

• When we were looking at cars, we looked at a traverse and really liked it. But we wanted something a little bigger, so we got a tahoe instead, hehehe
    nicci260

Answer by nicci260 at 1:56 PM on May. 28, 2011

• love my explorer. :) the traverse was too small and my aunt has a durango and has had issues with it. POS.
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 10:54 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I have a '10 Traverse and love it.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011