My parents want my hubby and I to go boating...anyone else think that sounds like an unsafe idea? I mean really I can't fly or go on roller coasters, how is a bouncing jerking boat ok????

KJP0929

Asked by KJP0929 at 11:44 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Health

• boating is very different movements than roller coasters and you can"t fly due to the changes in pressure not movement. Go boating you will have a good time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:48 AM on May. 28, 2011

• What coala said.
    My only concern would be getting sick from the motion lol but thats just me. Go and enjoy yourself, just make sure to stay cool and hydrated. :-D
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:03 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I had a friend go into labor on a boat- she was 40 weeks preg. and they went over choppy waves very fast on purpose in hopes of putting her into labor. If you feel uncomfortable, don't do it. You will probably be fine as long as the driver is cautious- but when it comes to being pregnant, don't do what you don't feel like doing. Take a day for yourself and set up your baby registry or get a bite to eat if you really don't want to go out on a boat.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:07 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I have never flown, but HATE my ears popping. I can't handle many roller coasters either. However, boating is one of my favorite things to.do during the summer. The only part I don't like is if the boat is stopped and people are climbing in and out. Even then, it's not too bad. It doesn't make me queasy, just throws me off balance a bit. After a few times out, I get my "sea legs" and don't have any problems. You'll never know til you try!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:12 PM on May. 28, 2011

• ITs completely safe.
    I went to waterpark @ 36w pregnant. I went down everything that wasnt a body slide. Theres no impact. Same with being on a boat most of the movement is subtle rocking... and im sure your baby would feel more motion during intercourse than on a boat!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:23 PM on May. 28, 2011

• define boating.. a trip down the canal or river at 5-15mph is perfectly safe. but going around 35-50mph on the lake going over waves is not so safe. the pressure from the boat bouncing up and down the waves and arent good for you, so it would depend on how you define boating. lol.

and to pp above boatin CAN actually be worse than a coaster at higher speeds in wavy waters like boating on the great lakes. especially when the waves bounce you up and the boat crashes back through the waters.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:40 PM on May. 28, 2011

• (yes i've boated all my life and am surprised no one else commented about the higher speed dangers of boating when pregnant)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:43 PM on May. 28, 2011