Master Cleanse Diet?

I just looked it up online, it's not safe surely? Just liquid? And laxatives? Has anyone here done this?

I want to detox as I've been feeling quite frumpy recently, but I'm not sure this is the best way!

Thanks ladies!

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 11:59 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've tried it twice. Several people at my dh work done it years ago so i wanted to try. The first time, by the end of day 1 i was shakey, had a headache and started vomiting up the lemonaid concoction. So i stopped, but figured i just drank too much of it. Several months ago i tried again. I need to lose about 20 lbs. I made it 2 or 3 days. I lost around 4 lbs in that time, but the hunger was killing me so i cheated and ate a fry. That turned into eating just one more tiny thing and before i knew it i was off the wagon lol. Fasting can be benificial but not for a long period of time and as long as you know going in your gonna gain most all of the weight back. Humans have been fasting for centuries so a few days won't kill you, but i wouldn't do it for 30 days.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 12:10 AM on May. 29, 2011

• What I've read is that the best way to detox is to start the day with water. As soon as you wake up, drink water, you've been sleeping for 8 hours (hopefully) and need hydration. Also, natural antioxidants like berries added to your meals will naturally flush your system, and an added perk is your hair and skin will respond beautifully. Besides that, your liver and kidneys are constantly working to rid your body of toxins, so besides adding the good stuff and taking out some of the bad, like processed food, there's not much else that Dr.s recommend. Detox diets are always considered unhealthy and no good Dr. will support them. Also, make sure you get enough vitamins, the best way is through the food you eat, but supplements can also help, just make sure they are good ones, like Omega from sardines is crap compared to having Salmon for dinner. A B-12 shot or supplement may also help. Hope you feel better soon! :)
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 12:08 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Lots of people at my work have done this. I do not believe it is healthy.
    mconnoll

Answer by mconnoll at 12:24 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I drink alot of water and fruits when i feel this way
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 1:58 PM on May. 29, 2011

• The book was written by Stanley Burroughs. After reading it, you will be able to make up your own mind about the benefits. I personall have done the lemonade diet but I was hungry and weak. So, now I detox through hot yoga and adding pure lemon oil or fresh slices to my water daily. Dry skin brushing daily also is a great detox tool, also. Detox involves more than bowels...that's like cleaning only the kitchen sink and letting the rest of the house go. Why are you looking a the lemonade diet - to lose weight or detox? HCG is controversial but if you read the Simeons protocol, it makes sense. Getting back to basics...regular fitness routine, clean diet, and healthy relationships go a long way........
    DrMomessentials

Answer by DrMomessentials at 2:27 PM on May. 29, 2011

• They say to drink half your body weight in water everyday. So if you weigh 200lbs, you would drink 100oz of water to flush out your system.
    I've tried a cleansing diet, the lemonade diet with the cayenne pepper. You have to fast for 3 weeks and drink only water or this lemonade. It tasted horrible and I only made it a week and a half. Good news is I did lose weight with it!
    chi_moma

Answer by chi_moma at 1:16 PM on May. 30, 2011