Cupcakes at a shower?

how do you feel about cupcakes instead of a cake at a baby shower

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think it's fine. There are some cupcakes out there that are decorated very nicely. I don't see why it would have to be a cake. There are also those pretty tiers made for cupcakes that could be decorated too so it matches the theme of the shower.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:16 PM on May. 28, 2011

• It's pretty trendy but I like it. There are lots of cute ways you can display and decorate them.
    SDJenn

Answer by SDJenn at 12:17 PM on May. 28, 2011

• It's a great idea! You can make them pink and blue.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:18 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think cupcakes are better ... more work to decorate, but you can have a variety of flavors instead of just one boring flavor.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:18 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My mom bought these ADORABLE cup cakes that had baby blue, baby pink, soft yellow or soft purple icing. Then they had little plastic raddles, bottles, etc on them.

They were so cute and I LOVED them!! My mom got a cupcake stand for them.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Easier! No cutting. No plates.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think it is a great idea! I went to a wedding in may that had cupcakes instead of cake. They were beautiful and everyone loved them:)
    mconnoll

Answer by mconnoll at 12:20 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I wouldnt like it.

Answer by gemgem at 12:23 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think FANCY cupcakes are the new trend... even at weddings.

But not the kind you would server at a child's birthday party.... the gourmet ones.

Anonymous

• I think they are awesome since at the baby shower I threw for a friend I made cupcakes! Her colors are red white and black, and an ABC theme, so I made red velvet cupcakes with a home made cream cheese icing. I filled the cupcakes with the cream cheese, and iced them. Then I melted white chocolate chips and wrote out ABC in cursive with the chocolate, froze them, then when I got to the location I topped the cupcakes with the ABC's. They were adorable and tasty!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:26 PM on May. 28, 2011