I asked a question earlier about cupcakes. new? when should i make them for maximum potential in taste and moistness

i need them for monday. they're gonna be red velvet box cake mix. the bbq is at 3 on monday. i could make them sunday before 6 (i have work 6-11 at night) or i could wait til monday morning. i've heard that chocolate takes a while to reach maximum flavor but i'm no expert. when should i bake them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• before 6 will work no prob. I have made them the day before.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:28 PM on May. 28, 2011

• i don't care about time or convenience. i care about which time will give them the best flavor
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I would bake them the day before and frost them the morning of. Doing it all the day of might not give the cake enough time to cool completely.  Make sure they are all the way cool before you cover them; otherwise, they will get sticky and mushy.

SDJenn

Answer by SDJenn at 12:34 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I would bake them the day before and frost them right before you need to leave. They will be fine that way.
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 12:43 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I hope you baked them Sunday evening. Keep them in a covered container after they cool. Frost Monday AM for max moisture and taste. The frosting has to sit on the cake for a few hours prior to eating. If the cake dries out, just moisten with a quick sugar solution you make on the stovetop.
    mubbie

Answer by mubbie at 11:33 AM on May. 30, 2011