Vaccinations

What are your thoughts on vaccines? I know a lot of people don't like the fact that we don't vaccinate. But it's because I think they are overboard for a little body. But we will when he gets older.

malexander2009

Asked by malexander2009 at 12:28 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My son has never had a bad reaction, fever, or anything from getting vaccines. I get them because I am too afraid of what he could get as a result of not having the vaccines. There are too many deadly illnesses and diseases out there and if I can eliminate a few of those with vaccines, I definitely will.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 12:34 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I never thought about it until I came on here, when the doctor said it was time to vaccinate I just did it. I never knew people didn't until I joined cafemom. But my kids never had a bad reaction, so I will continue.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:42 PM on May. 28, 2011

• ^what cmgIII just said, and for the same reasons.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:43 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I vaccinate just because I feel it is safe and better than the alternative.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 1:21 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think most, if not all, are unnecessary. Example: the chicken pox vaccine was developed to help the business world (businesses were concerened with the loss of production when mothers had to take time off to stay home and care for their kids w/chicken pox) and not for health reasons. There are safer and more effective ways to deal with many illnesses and disease than vaccines. Even if a vaccine might be safe (and that's a bif 'if'), there are too many other ingredients (adjuvants, preservatives, etc.) that make them unsafe.

My daughter's current (mainstream) doctor is currently pushing the Gardasil vaccine ... there's no way in hell she will ever get that vaccine.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:27 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I do believe in vaccines and my 3 kids are fully vaccinated. I DO believe that to vax or not is a personal choice, and each mom should do what she feels is best for her child/ren and I do not bash those who do not vax. I am sure they have their reasons, and it really is not my business.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:55 PM on May. 28, 2011

• my child has never had a bad reaction from the shots! I think people have made a bigger hype over them they really called for!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 6:31 PM on May. 28, 2011

• the good thing about getting babies vaccinated when they are babies is that they won't remember having to go through it!

eustacejessica

• i chose to vaccinate my ds on the grounds of many illnesses that have been unheard of for years are starting to reappear. I had also read recently on a Foxnews.com health article, (cant post the link since i am 100% moblie), saying that messles cases in the US were about 50 a year until this year and fom Jan to almost the end of May, they were at 118. I think it said about 70-90%(cant remeber the exact %) were due to being unvaccinated.
    Anonymous

• We chose to vaccinate on time. It's something we feel strongly about. I think it's best for my children.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:38 PM on May. 28, 2011