Kids doctors.

What do you like about your children's doctor?

malexander2009

Asked by malexander2009 at 12:30 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• availability, knowledge, speaks directly to the child, i like everything about her.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:32 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My doctor is very hands on. He never makes me feel stupid for even the most stupid questions I have asked. He will talk with us and asnwer questions as long as it takes. He is also very gentle with my son and gives him time to relax before immediately doing the checkup.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 12:40 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Our Family Doc actually LISTENS to me and my input. She's all for western medicine and pills and stuff, but also takes my preference to avoid pills if at all possible. That and longevity, we've been going to her for the past 7-7.5 years, since my son was about 4 months old.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Shes very nice and up front. I have to wait a long while some times to see her but she knows what shes doing. I have two special needs children and when they were small she kept herself up to date on the best treatments available for them, where other pediatricians were had been to did not.

Answer by gemgem at 1:07 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Their mainstream pediatricians ... nothing

Their DAN doctors ... everything.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:18 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I guess just the fact that they are in town. not many choices here.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 1:20 PM on May. 28, 2011

• He's funny, wears funny hats for the kids. Each room in his office is a different theme (outer space, clowns, disney). They always call back quickly after hours. They are available easily.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 1:25 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My kids doctor is AWESOME!!! He is friendly, knowledgeable, he talks TO my children and not about or at them, he explains things, he takes the time to answer questions, and he treats us with courtesy and respect.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:53 PM on May. 28, 2011

• He really takes the time with us and doesnt rush even if he is behind! Not only does he give advice from a doctors perspective but a parents!!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 6:29 PM on May. 28, 2011

• She listens to me and apologized when it turned out I was right about my daughter's UTI.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 9:34 PM on May. 28, 2011