Feeding Baby Food

When you started baby food did your doctor tell you it was okay or did you do start it by yourself?

malexander2009

Asked by malexander2009 at 12:35 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I started myself. Both my girls were eager eaters and were super facintaed with food at about 5 months.
    SDJenn

Answer by SDJenn at 12:36 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I started myself also and talked to the doctor about it afterwards and he completely agreed with me. My son is one of the best eaters I have ever come across. When we eat supper, he always goes for his vegetables first and I have not found any food he will not eat!
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 12:38 PM on May. 28, 2011

• With my son the guideline was introduce solids at 4-6 months so we started at 4 months old. With my daughter the guideline was NOTHING until 6 months, but with the doctor's nod of approval we started at 4 months with her as well.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:54 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I started whenever they were interested. I didn't go by the book, and started out with easily digestable foods.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 1:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• We waited until 6 months and the doctor said it was ok. We didn't ask permission, but it was around the same time.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 1:24 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I started mine on jar baby food when the doctor said it was ok. With my oldest 2 they were 4 months, my youngest was around 6 months.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:52 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I started mine on my own. My boys were very young. DD is now 4 moths, we started cereal at 3 and baby food at 4, she went to the drs and he asked if she started yet, I told him yes and he was ok with that.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 5:08 PM on May. 28, 2011

• our pediatrician told us when we could start
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 6:25 PM on May. 28, 2011

• he also said to start them out on veggies not fruits so they don't develop a sweet tooth and not want the veggies, not sure how true that really is
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 6:26 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I started with cereal at 4 months, on my own decision. Then by 6 months we started veggies and fruit.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:36 PM on May. 28, 2011