Had online gf from world of warcraft...might go back to playing game, how to react?

We were separated a month, almost divorced. We are back together fixing stuff now and doing good. I know he had an online GF during that time that he met in an online game. He has not plyed that game once since I got back which I saw as a good sign since for years he has played that game every day, he loves that game. He is watching videos for that game now and I can tell he wants to play again, which normally I would not care about except that online gf he had is on their...I talked to a counselor who said I should not bring up that I know he had an online gf during our separation cause ofthe issues were working out and if I can to let it go cause it was meaningless etc. I dont want him playing this game...but I also know he loves the game, its not about her. Should I say something and pretty much try to stop him from playing again or should I let it go and trust him. I know he is not in contact with her but she is on that game, she will probably say hi to him at least

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Let it go. Trying to forbid him from playing the game isn't going to go over well. And if you think about it if he tried to forbid you to stop doing something you really love how would you react? There is a way to block certain members on the game. Perhaps talk to him about doing that just for your peace of mind.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:51 PM on May. 28, 2011

• he never told me she was on the game, he never even admitted any of this to me..he doesn't know that I know. hence the counselor told me don't even bring it up. let it go etc.

I don't know if he would block her on his own or talk to her and think that it is owkay in which case if I ever walked past and seen him chatting with her even just casually....no no no. Zero contact with her ever..you dont become friends with ppl you had a fling with while still married even if it was only online and that I cannot bend on. She needs to be dead to him. So Im not supposed to tell him I know and let it go...but I dont want him on that game again cause 1..her...and 2 i have liked him not playing world of warcraft. we both used to play but now that he does not, he's more "present" and not staying up till 5 in the morning raiding while I sleep alone
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:06 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Yea we call that game World of Warcrack....hub and I both play lol. But it's not an addiction of either of us. I wish I could give you a good answer, but all i can say is follow your heart and have a good talk with hubby about it. If he truly wants to work on your marriage then he should be open to talk about the situation. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:50 PM on May. 28, 2011

• He probably wants to play because they came out with a new expansion pack. My DH use to play that game too. I hated it. It was so fucking annoying and boring. Our comp is hooked up to the tv, and we don't have cable anywhere else in the house, and there is only so many times I can watch the same movies over and over. He would play for hours on end, not move, not eat, not talk. NOTHING. From the time he woke up (if he didn't have to work) to about 4 AM. I went off and he hasn't played it in about a year or so.

It really is world of warcrack!
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 4:01 PM on May. 28, 2011