Is it true it is hard to potty train boys ?

Balling

Asked by Balling at 12:53 PM on May. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• no it depends n the child. my sister in law put my nephew in underwear and he just started using the toilet there was no potty training involved i swear! and when i worked at a daycare i had girls who were just as easy. in my experience it just depends on the kids
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:55 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Oh Ok thank you !
    Balling

Comment by Balling (original poster) at 12:56 PM on May. 28, 2011

• It's not true. It depends on the kid and how ready they are. I trained my boys in 3 days and 2 days respectively. It couldn't have been easier. I let them go naked to train and they had maybe 1-2 accidents each, total. Being naked helped them recognize the urge better. It has more to do with readiness than gender.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:01 PM on May. 28, 2011

• oh ok thankk youu
    Balling

Comment by Balling (original poster) at 1:02 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Both my kids (one boy, one girl) were very easy to potty train ... took about 2 weeks with each of them and once they were trained, they were trianed day and night. I think it depends more on the readiness of the child and not on the gender.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:07 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Like the other moms have said, it depends on the child. My SIL has 5 kids, 3 are potty trained. The boy, the oldest, so far has been the easiest to potty train.

My son took 2+ years to potty train, starting at 2, but he also had two major life changing events that caused him to regress. My daughter was trained in about a week, maybe two, when she was 3.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:08 PM on May. 28, 2011

• They say boys are harder cuz they have to learn to aim & they can dribble a few drops to let the pressure off. LOL My first son trained himself in one day at 21 months. He was impressed with his cousin who spent the day & used the little potty chair I had out in preparation for starting potty training him. He snitched a pair of panties out of her diaper bag & the next morning told me he wanted to wear Bernedette pants. I told him I didn't have any & he went & got them. He never wore another diaper. I can not take any credit for his training. My younger son had a spot the size of a silver dollar in his pants, almost till he started school. He just didn't want to stop playing to go. LOL
    1bionicgranny

Answer by 1bionicgranny at 2:23 PM on May. 28, 2011

• it depends on the child. any child that you force to go will turn against it. if you make it fun with like stickers and prizes and praise will love it. my son isn't all the way potty trained but he is almost there. (he still goes at night) but he loves it so much
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 10:17 AM on May. 29, 2011