straining while pregnant....

I'd really like to know why they tell you not to strain while pooping while pregnant? I've been pooping for 22 years and um you kinda have to push to get it out!

AustinsMommy306

Asked by AustinsMommy306 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I strain all the time I have some kind of shitty problem but im not sure
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 11:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i guess its for when you are constipated and some women tend to strain alot to get it out. b/c i have been really constipated for few wks. i guess they mean that kind of staining.
    marine_wife_07

Answer by marine_wife_07 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• bc it can cause hemerhoids. other than that i have no idea
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• There's a difference between straining and pushing, lol. :) And they tell you not to strain because your extra susceptible to hemorrhoids when pregnant. I got them after delivery and they were AWFUL! They're still giving me trouble over three months later!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• because it can cause hemmoroids...

you dont have to push, youre actually supposed to just lean forward and drop your head (gross i know) and its supposed to "slide out" LOL
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Next time I am sitting on the poody poo bowl I am trying that Kelso although I am unsure I want my head any closer to my ass unfortunetly my shit DOESN'T smell like roses lol
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It can cause hemroids and anal fissures. I got an anal fissure after having my daughter from the pain killers and not taking in enough fiber. I didnt go away for 8 months. Trust me they hurt like crazy. Here is a tip even when you are not pregnant or constipated (TMI), get a small step stool to leave in the bathroom. When you have to poop sit ur feet on the step stool.. if your knees are a couple inches higher the more natural the position and you go alot easier. Remember fiber is very important in anyone diet.
    TabbyKat2008

Answer by TabbyKat2008 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My friend was told she couldn't push....you can push just try not to strain to hard. Hemeroids suck....but honestly, even if you don't have to push at all, you still might get them. Not straining just helps not to get them. Bottom line if you need to poop, poop, being backed up isn't fun either. *Hint* If your pushing so hard it hurts, stop and take it easy.
    missylou90

Answer by missylou90 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010