How do you find a reliable and trustworthy babysitter?

I'm going crazy, I have a possible job, at a great place! I have a few friends who said... and I quote "Call me ANYTIME, I'll watch them while you go to work, go to see your husband, or just need a break, don't be afraid to call me, I'm here!"
anyway, I call the one, she comes for maybe a week, and I mean a grand total of 4 hours the WHOLE week, so I could go see my husband. I call her the next week, and she moved! Ok, I can accept that, so I call my other friend, she does it 3 times, 2 hours each, all of a sudden, her phone is an answering machine. Its not like I'm not paying them, and my kids are NOT that hard to handle! Now I have a job offer, but nobody to watch my kids. So I call all,and I mean ALL, the daycares in my area, none are open on sundays at all, one is open on saturdays. My job will be 3pm-midnight thursday - tuesday. I have a daycare open til midnight mon-fri, but that won't help me on the weekends. How do you go about finding someone who will be there only weekends, Id pay them, and how do you know if they WILL infact be there for me every single weekend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hmmm....Maybe my first though won't be as helpful. When we need a babysitter we ask the young women in my husband's church.

What about that? maybe asking a family at your church if they'd be willing to help out on the weekends? If you lived close to me I'd be willing as well.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:17 PM on May. 28, 2011

• care.com will show you sitters in your area. Have you looked at daycares?
    Good luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:22 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Interview a lot of people ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:18 PM on May. 30, 2011