Emphysema?

doctor says my husband has emphysema,my husband sorta blew it off so the doctor didn't really give him any info on it.i've been looking it up and know its a progressive disease but i can't seem to find if he can live a long life with this.he is only 36 and he has been quit smoking for several months before we found out about this.if anybody knows anything about this disease and can give me any info as to whats to come it would be greatly appreciated.

kb24

Asked by kb24 at 1:08 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Health

• My grandmother was diagnosed with the beginnings of emphysema about 25 years ago. She quit smoking immediately, and will be 90 years old in September. If he takes care of himself, he can have a healthy future. Good luck to him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:51 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My dad died from emphysema. He got worse over time; He died within one year of being diagnosed. You should be able to get information from his doctor; if not there is unlimited information on line.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:14 PM on May. 28, 2011