Does Enfamil clump up for you?

My son drinks Enfamil Gentalease. It seems like its been clumping up at the nipple lately and clogging it. I don't think I'm putting too much powder in it because I've tried WAY less than I should put in and it still clumps!! Does anyone have any tips or does this happen to you too? It's sooo annoying having to re-shake the bottles and unclog the nipple a million times during one feeding, not to mention my baby hates when I take his baa baa away!!

MandyAshley

Asked by MandyAshley at 11:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We never had any problems with it.... maybe shake harder? I'm not sure.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I have the same problem the only thing I could think of is that maybe the water was to cold to dissolve it but that didnt pan out. I don't know I just shake it really really well before i let my son have his baba.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I use the same formula it only clumps if my water is too cold . Add your powder, water and stir it! Then heat it up a few seconds take it, test to see what the temp feels like, an stir it again.
    bandit85

Answer by bandit85 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my son had enfamil AR for a while , he's been on the premie, regular, AR, and now lactofree enfamil...the AR was really thick and we had to poke bigger holes in the nipples. it also was more clumpy when he spit up...otherwise it was only if we put the enfamil in after the water that it would clump up
    jaydn51808

Answer by jaydn51808 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• We use the regular, and it only clogs if I shake up and down first. So now I sort of swish it side to side first, and then give it a few good up and down shakes.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• We use regular, and I have to swirl it around and get all the powder wet before I shake... otherwise it clumps up in the nipple.
    angelofice

Answer by angelofice at 9:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008