What does it take for you to be comfortable in you own skin?

I am not and have not been in quite some time. I do not like what looks back at me in the mirror. Yet my dh and children love me so much. My dd cried this morning because she dropped a picture of the two of us behind her bed. Brought me to tear up because I think why can't I like myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Love yourself!!!! why dont you like what looks back at you in the mirror? Do you see flaws in you?
    Your family loves you just the way you are!! Why would it matter what anyone else thinks of you.
    One of my favorite quotes:
    “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
    I am sure that you are a beautiful woman you just have to believe you are, EVERY WOMAN IS BEAUTIFUL IN THEIR OWN WAY! EACH woman on earth HAS A UNIQUENESS AND SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT THEM! Sort of like a diamond, each one beautiful and different from another. And NEVER compare yourself to someone else. Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you!
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 1:29 PM on May. 28, 2011

• pm me if you'd like to chat or vent I can be your friend.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 1:31 PM on May. 28, 2011

• what is it about yourself that you dont seem to be pleased with?
    Always Love yourself, no matter what improvements u think u may need
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 2:21 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I have days where i don't like what stares back at me in the mirror but i always remember that God loves me no matter what size or shape i am. That what lifts my spirits up: remembering that God ALWAYS loves me :)
    NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 4:20 PM on May. 28, 2011

• What it took for me was understanding I'm just as good as anyone else and there is no reason to feel bad about myself because I don't look like the image Hollywood and the media is pushing on us. Or because I don't spend hundreds or thousands on clothes and makeup and getting my hair done. I spent way too much time feeling bad about myself when I was in school and I just decided not to anymore. My kids love me whether I wear makeup or do anything more with my hair than put it in ponytail. When I do have occassion to dress up, they run up to my and my son tells me how pretty I am. Their opinion mattes a whole lot more to me than anyone else's ever could.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:49 PM on May. 28, 2011

• *matters*
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:50 PM on May. 28, 2011

• If you are young, time will give you that acceptance. And, don't be so hard on yourself ~ I bet you have many things to offer. You are valued and loved!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:19 PM on May. 30, 2011

• yu have to be able to truley face yurself. to be able to look at yurself and be somewhat or overly satisfyed. i hated the look of myself everyday. but the ore i tookthe tyme to see the actual beauty in things they get easier and yu dont have to please anyone but yurself. everyone is beautiful.. be comfy. any way yu want. yu only live once.. might as well be happy doing it
    allybobally

Answer by allybobally at 1:55 AM on May. 31, 2011