I can't find anything online to help me figure out why

my BM's are like I've been constipated, except I have them every day. Should they really be like this 2 weeks postpartum if I'm regular and eating right? It's painful and I'm ready for that area of my life to go back to normal! I mean I already had 10 months of this (only I was actually constipated), I think I deserve a break haha. I know it's gross, but it's like my body wasn't going like it was supposed to while pregnant so it's trying to get rid of all the extra stuff that was hanging around. That's honestly all I can think of for it being like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In my four pregnancys I always stay away from soda. I would stay away from drinjs and food that will bloat u up.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 1:33 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Are you getting enough fluid and fiber? With everything your body goes through in birth, you can easily become dehydrated. If that doesn't work, try colace stool softener for a week or so.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:34 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I drink about 70-80oz of water a day. I eat pretty healthy, but am still waiting to go to the produce market to get all the veggies and fruit we've been out of. I drink soda rarely. I do have a cup of coffee in the morning, but that's it. It's just so weird to me for them to be so, well....excuse me but, large, hard, and painful when I'm going every day. I can't possibly be constipated if I'm going every day right? I'd prefer not having to take a stool softener since I'm already taking prenatals and other vitamins for breastfeeding and I hate taking pills. I wish it'd just go back to normal soon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:38 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Fiber helps...if not you might want to talk to your doc. Good Luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 6:30 PM on May. 28, 2011

• try stool softeners, its supposed to help when you go
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:52 PM on May. 28, 2011

• This happened to me when I was breastfeeding. Take the stool softners and drink more water, remember all the fluid used to produce milk. I had a lot of milk, could have fed 5 babies, I think lol
    Talk to you doctor, you could have hemroids from pregnancy, that's the pain.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 4:32 PM on May. 29, 2011