Dinner ideas?

How do you create healthy kid friendly dinner ideas?

malexander2009

Asked by malexander2009 at 1:22 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I try to make healthy, well balanced meals. It is up to my kids to eat them. If they don't, then they go hungry until the next meal. If it's a new food they have to try a few bites BEFORE they decide if they like it or not.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:28 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I add things like vegs with dip, fruit with dip, family fun website or mag is a good one for meal ideas, kids cookbooks which my girls look though and choose something and they will eat better since they picked the meal out, get them to help cook, keep inducing new foods or meals, I usually had things like bread, muffins or rolls, or cornbread to help make the meal more rounded. Just keep trying and one of these times you will find something they like and good for them as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:31 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I make my daughter try 3 bites before she can say she doesn't like it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:36 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I had all these ideals of how I would be the perfect parent and make perfect meals. And then I became a parent. Now, Wyatt (5) knows that I'm only making one meal. He has the choice to eat it or not. He's given the option of a dipping sauce if that makes him feel better. I make a healthy, balanced meal for us. Look into Binto. (Bento?) That seems to be pretty popular
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 2:50 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Allrecipes.com is a great site!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 6:22 PM on May. 28, 2011

• my child is a super picky eater and is learning that mommy only cooks one meal so she better eat what I give her!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 6:23 PM on May. 28, 2011

• also check out stumbleupon.com, I have found some awesome recipes on there!
    eustacejessica

• I try to make dishes that I know my kids will eat and add other healthy foods to it.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 12:58 AM on May. 29, 2011

• my children love veggies and fruit so that helps. We do not eat fried foods and we eat smaller portions.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 10:48 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I'm lucky that my little one is not a picky eater. But we always say this is what we're having, eat it or wait til next meal. I make well balanced meals, and keep only healthy snacks in the house.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:40 PM on May. 29, 2011