What is your opinion

My daughter is 2 1/2 and has had a cough that has radiated from wet to dry for the past month. We went to the doctor and she said that her sinuses are dripping in her throat and that is why she is coughing, she prescribed amoxicillin. I asked if she had a sinus infection and she said no, her ears, nose, chest, and throat are fine no signs of infection. I was reluctant to give her the antibiotics but decided to anyways and now she has terrible diarrhea. Would you continue the antibiotics and deal with the diarrhea or quit the antibiotics and deal with the cough? I called the doc and she said that there is nothing I can do about the diarrhea except the BRAT diet and to just continue to give them to her.

damselphish

Asked by damselphish at 2:03 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You should not start and stop antibiotics ever. that is what causes things to be resistant to anitbiotics. Keep her on them and go with the BRAT diet.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:07 PM on May. 28, 2011

• If she does not have and infection of any kind I would not even given the antibiotics in the first place. That kind of medicine is for infections only.

Answer by louise2 at 2:08 PM on May. 28, 2011

• dont stop the antibiotics EVER, just finish them out and do the brat diet
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:18 PM on May. 28, 2011