I'm a horrible person for thinking about this...do you think I need help?

Long story short, I had my son at 21 with my boyfriend, now husband. Things were all good until I discovered that his parents are physco and control every aspect of his life...money (have his money locked away in trust funds that he has no clue where it even is), job (they've called his boss to ask for days off for him), etc. etc. etc. They've even tried to control me and my son but I don't stand back and let them like my husband does. They cause fights between us and my husband always takes their side. I don't love my husband anymore...I didn't even love him when I married him but I did it because my in-laws threatened to do everything in their power to make sure my husband got joint if not full custody and I didn't want to give them that chance. Everyone in our town hates them...I'm not even exhaggerating. They have a lot of money and businesses in town, that's why everyone knows them. I am living a miserable life but I know my life would be more miserable if my husband and I were to divorce. The problem I'm having is that I find myself thinking about my in-laws dying and how its my only escape and how its the only way my family's life will get better. I don't think I would even be sad about it. What is wrong with me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• There is nothing wrong with you, your in-laws need to mind their own business and let their son live his life and be there for him if he makes mistakes.
    Second of all the Law backs the mother of her children not the Father or in-laws, if you would divorce you would get the children unless you are found unstable, drug user etc and if your in-laws say you are or your husband they will have to have good documentation to back up all those aligations so don't worry.
    He will have to pay child support and spousal support if you ask for it and they know that. Don't let anyone run your life for you and don't he scared to leave. There is also alot of programs for single mom too ie housing, food medical care etc. Check into it in your State. Hope all goes well for you.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:33 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Have you seriously thought about going under ground hiding you and your son I am not even being funny its strange but there are people who can help you? This is scary think about your son and know what he will have to put up with put money aside and think about a plan.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:29 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I do believe that if your in-laws weren't so controlling in you and your husband's marriage, more than likely you would have a better relationship with me and not be wishing death on them. There's nothing wrong with you. It's just that you've been pushed to your limit a you're sick and tired of your in-laws intering all the time. Why don't your husband get a backbone and put his parents in their place before you guys end up divorced?
    NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 2:24 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I don't think anything's wrong with you for that honestly. They're dictating your life. I'm sorry you have to go through this :(
    Mama.Mantha1318

Answer by Mama.Mantha1318 at 2:18 PM on May. 28, 2011

• As far as you wishing your in-laws were dead...I've wished this about my MIL and she is nowhere near as terrible as you make yours sound, so no, I don't think your terrible at all...as for everything else I really don't know what to tell you, I feel for your situation though, I just don't think I could be married to someone I don't love and never have, why don't you want your husband to have at least joint custody?
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Lucky- Because he does not stand up to his parents at all, even in matters of our son. THEY would basically be controlling my husband and my son too if we were to divorce. And because they have asked if they could give my son a sip of beer at 5 months old, if they could take him on a 4-wheeler at age 1, if it was really necessary to buckle him in his carseat just driving down the road, if they could take him our on a boat on Lake Michigan when he was only a few days old, and because my FIL drinks and drives CONSTANTLY, I would be terrified that something would happen to my son and my husband would do nothing to stop it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:24 PM on May. 28, 2011

• He is brainwashed by them. He thinks there's nothing wrong with them...that they are the normal ones and everyone else is the ones with problems. He's 24 years old and his older brother 26, and younger brother 21, ALL are completely controlled by his parents.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 PM on May. 28, 2011

• best of luck to you, and no you are not horrible for feeling that way.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:47 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I protect my own karma and don't say it outright like you do but if I think something negative like that about people who deserve it I just say I hope they get all they deserve in life. That protects me and opens the door for karma to do its thing with them.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:56 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Ok this is very serious matter. I think u should call a private investigator. ot go to the police. U do not deserve any of these things. And if u dont live him then why r u still there. Ik he gave u a son but wat about ur happyness???. I urge u to do something. Ir things could get really bad.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 3:24 PM on May. 28, 2011