Why does the cliche never fail most in laws?

Why are in laws so damn evil? I know when I was dating my daughters father she wouldn't let me in the door. She didn't allow my 5 year old son over there with his sister because she said he was no kin to her. The first time I went to her house to pick something up from my then boy friend and rang the doorbell 1 time.... 1 time she came storming to door and starting cursing me out. CRAZY!!!! Is there some kind of a switch that need to be turned off when their kids starts dating? I believe if it weren't for her we would be happily married right now but he is so brainwashed and manipulated.

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 2:41 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• The MIL being a bitch to the poor DIL... My MIL makes me miserable all the time...
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 2:43 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Lol the DIL stand for Dick in law. If so that would fit perfectly for the FIL LMAO!
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My MIL loves me, but she didnt always she thought I was the devil! Its funny now because she thinks Im the best thing that ever happened to him. One of his sisters on the other hand thinks I am satan himself! His other sister loves me like a sister. So this is how I see it SCREW the inlaws! My hubby and I have been together for 13 years so whomever in his family doesnt like me can suck it up baby! LOL!
    allgirlsmom31

Answer by allgirlsmom31 at 2:47 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I'm sorry you don't get along, but I don't think it's fair to blame marital problems on your MIL. In life, all we can ever do is control ourselves. I'm sure there's something you could be doing if you wanted to make things better, even if that means just practicing acceptance or setting boundaries for yourself.

I love my MIL. And my SIL is my best friend. Of course there were times we butted heads, but we worked through it. My family, on the other hand, I must practice acceptance. LOL

kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 2:48 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Loll @ suck it up. INDEED!
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Sorry kidnappedbylove I will not ever sit there smile and nod to accept someone treating me like dung. I seen the good in my daughters father but I also seen the results stemming from his early childhood from her sometimes brutally controlling ways.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on May. 28, 2011

• When my husband and I were dating, for like the first 2 years, my MIL HATED me. For no reason. We were young, and I was taking her baby boy from her. He was 16.Now, we love each other. If we ever get divorced, I still plan on spending time with her and being part of her life. His brothers liked me, but missed spending time with him...but now they are over it, and Im pretty close to his youngest brother. The only thing that makes me mad, is that his brothers girlfriends are now so easily accepted, she said she learned from the mistakes she made with me.So now I tell his brothers new girlfriends they have me to thank, and we joke about it. lol.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 2:58 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Auntiemom410 that so cool!
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Haha Unless she's God I don't think so.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on May. 28, 2011