Dreads

For those of you that have dreads, what method did you use to start them? I know there are special shampoos and everything, but what other maintenance do you recommend? I'm thinking about getting dreads and am looking for tips :)

kyuteangl88

Asked by kyuteangl88 at 2:54 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I didnt use any special method, I just sectioned off small chunks of hair and twisted them with beeswax...I DID use a dry shampoo on occasion though...they came out pretty okay, depending on the grade of hair you have they can take awhile to lock though, mine locked within a month, my mother who has a MUCH better grade of hair then me was still struggling 6 months later. Including a pic so you can see what mine look like. Feel free to PM me if you want =)

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:00 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Beeswax, backcombing and twisting. It takes a while for them to come in and start looking good.
    You can wash them, but you have to work them like a sponge, rinse them out, squeeze, rinse, squeeze, and dry them very, very well. Don't let them air dry any more than you absolutely have to.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 3:18 PM on May. 28, 2011