Catholic Church Issues Pamphlet on How to Convert Wiccans/Witches

Found this article and thought it would be interesting to get feedback from various sides.

So thoughts, comments??

*remember to be respectful please as we know this can get ugly heated*

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/04/catholic-church-issues-guide-on-how-to-convert-witches/

Amaranth361

Asked by Amaranth361 at 3:06 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• All the Wiccans I've ever met were either former Catholics or were both. I'm not Catholic but I'm a Christian that doesn't believe in recruitment. It's just not what I'm called to. If God wants me to help someone he'll either send them to me or send me to them when they're ready. I'm not going to force anything by knocking on doors or whatever.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:27 PM on May. 28, 2011

• What's new? When I use to go to Mormon church they use to teach you in class about how your non-moron friends were evil and will not got to heaven unless we brought them to church and converted them down the right path. They use to tell our classes that Mormon was the only correct and right religion and all the others were lying and fake. Needless to say I'm an Atheist now.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• It is not from the Catholic Church- its from a group called Catholic Truth- the title of your post made it look like the Vatican put out a pamphlet-
    HUGE difference between "The Catholic Church does......." and "A group with the word Catholic in the name does......."

soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 4:01 PM on May. 28, 2011

• old news
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:12 PM on May. 28, 2011

• LOL, I was raised Roman Catholic, and am now studing Wicca, what does THAT tell you?
    irishiprincess

Answer by irishiprincess at 3:16 PM on May. 28, 2011

• i agree with Irishprincess, my husband was rasied Roman Catholic and is now wiccan!!!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 3:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• ^Mormon
    mommy_of_two388

• It's not surprising to me, all Christians are taught that they need to convert others to Christianity to save them from hell.

StrawberryLane

Answer by StrawberryLane at 3:47 PM on May. 28, 2011

• "suggests that Catholics spark up conversations with these unbelievers about shared concerns such as the environment"

This is the only piece makes sense to me. My preference would be that that commonality would not be used to convert. But, for those who think that they are supposed to do that...at least they make common ground before they warn you of your dark arts, lol

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 4:11 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Egotistical, presumptuous and, of course, rude. Not that that will stop anyone.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:16 PM on May. 28, 2011