How many have been betrayed by a family member sometime in life? and how did you handle the situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Betrayed by my brother...and because of it we havent spoken or seen each other in 5 years. I don't miss him.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:20 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I get left out of things but I do not miss it I let them go life is too short for this crap and fighting with people who do not care.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:23 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I was and did not handle it the way I should have. He got away with it because I was afraid of hurting his mom.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:25 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I have by my mother, ex husband, and aunt all on different occasions. I just got up and kept going. I learned I cant count on anyone but myself for anything so I am more cautious now of what I share with people, and what I expect of people as well. Use it as a learning lesson if you can, not a negative.

Answer by gemgem at 3:25 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My entire family betrayed me. I handled it by never speaking to them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:35 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I have been betrayed by my mom a num. Of times. U have finally decided not to talk to her. She would always hurt my husband and I. Last year I told her she vould never again talk to my family again.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 3:53 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I was by my mother and sister....they caused me to lose my first husband my daughters father....I moved across the country....far far away....
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 3:56 PM on May. 28, 2011

• By my mother. I invited her in my home because her and my brothers were homeless and digging holes to use the bathroom. The first night she got here she tried to bring dirty hippies in my house who I didnt know. and was upset that I wouldnt let them in.(im pregnant and have a 4 yr old) They she tried to control how I raised my daughter and would be a witch to my husband when I wasnt around. The day I asked her to leave she told me she was going to call cps on me(for no reason my house is a safe Christian house) then after she said that she got up and tried beating up my husband(with me right there) I got hurt trying to stop her from hitting him since he wouldnt hit back but lucky it didnt hurt the baby. Then after that she went around and told my family how my daughter was in danger and how I wasnt fit to be a mother. Im the one who has my own place and I have never been homeless.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 4:10 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My dad betrayed me when he was an old man. He had a farm and a lot of money in his IRA's. He asked me if I wanted the farm then he would give the money to my sisters upon his death. It would be an equal distribution to the three of us. When my sisters heard that he was changing his will, they ganged up on him and had him tested for dementia. He backtracked and said that I had forced him to do it. It was a very horrible time in my life and I still have not forgiven him for it. He died about 9 months after offereing me the farm. After he told my sisters that I had "forced" him to do this, I never spoke to him again. I felt he had been a coward and I felt very betrayed. I was not sorry when he died and took my share of the now broken up farm and one third of the IRA's and never looked back or spoke of it again.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 8:28 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My parents and my sister betrayed me. By hurting my husband and potentially ruining his life and our future, they betrayed me. I love my husband so much. I love our daughter so much. And because my parents got angry, they said things that can never be taken back. They probably never thought I would know about the things they said, but I do. And because of how much it hurt both me and my husband, I will never forget it and never forgive them for it. They act like they're good, church-going people, they say that they are fair, but how "good" can people be if they turn on someone who is supposed to be family? What kind of family immediately leaves someone to rot and say $hit behind their backs? Without even hearing his or her side of the story? And then to make assumptions and statements that are so completely wrong it's shocking and insulting. And statements that could ruin a person's future and family life. My family does .
    agnesmlee1117

Answer by agnesmlee1117 at 3:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2013