Are you a Vegetarian?

What does your day to day menu look like? How do you keep things simple and low cost?
What advice would you give someone switching over to vegetarian? What are some simple kid friendly meal ideas?

I'm thinking of switching the whole family over to vegetarian. It shouldn't be a big deal. The kids love veggies, beans, rice and such. We've been gradually eatting less meat any how because of the cost.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I have been one for many years, my breakfast consist of almond milk and Cheerios, salads with fresh fruit for lunch and for dinner a creamy veggie soup  with crusty bread and butter.  My advice to you is to replace the meat portions of your day of meat with soy products,  Mrning Star frozen cuts are really good. I have never regretted it! buy yourself a good  Vegetarian book, or go on line for recepies. This is a good one: Vegetariantimes.com 

Answer by older at 4:01 PM on May. 28, 2011

• moosewood cookbook is an older cookbook (I think it came out in the 70s), but it has timeless recipes and almost every veg I know owns a copy.
    As far as low cost, cutting meat out of the list period will save a good amount of money, but on top of that try to limit processed foods as well for more savings.
    marieadams

Answer by marieadams at 4:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I highly reccomend Quorn products www.quorn.com pick the US website. It is less expensive than meat and the fake chicken is awesome. We have their Turky Roast every thanksgiving..they just came out with burgers, mmmm...
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 4:26 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I am 22 & has always been a vegetarian as long as i have been able to feed myself & know what i was eating. But i have never had problem with finding anything to eat....Almost anywhere resturaunt u go to, they have a veg. section. But my daily menu consist of cereal, fruits, frozen veg meals. Its pretty simple & i have never had a problem with finding anything to eat
    BrandiM189

Answer by BrandiM189 at 11:22 PM on May. 28, 2011