Woman lets her 4 year old play outside by himself.

My neighbor doesn't watch her son. i was cleaning my car and he came to play with my daughter well 40 mins later his mother looks scared and is screaming for him. I tell her he was here and she said oh he must have just sneaked out i told her no hes been here for 40 mins. So she grabs him says sorry and leaves fast. This happens alot. Then when her 8 yr old is home she makes her walk him around the block and watch him for hours outside. Is this not wrong? Should i just but out and mine my own business?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 4:07 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I agree that it depends on where you live, but 40 minutes of not knowing where your kid is is not good no matter where you live.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:57 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I wold go online print up a map on how close sex offenders are give it to her and then ask her if she wants her young kids outside alone anymore.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:12 PM on May. 28, 2011

• i let my 3.5 yr old and 5.5 yr old play outside by themselves everyday in the yard by themselves. we live in a very safe neighborhood and the yard is fenced in....does that make me a bad mom?! nope it doesn't!
    06-07mom

Answer by 06-07mom at 4:26 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I suppose it depends on where you live. I live out in the country so it's safe to play outside here. Yes, people can come in to the neighborhood, but not without being seen and heard.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 4:42 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I let my 4 yr old play in our backyard by herself but of course that is the BACKYARD and I can see her from the couch, there is no way that in hell that 40 minutes would go by without me knowing exactly where my daughter is....I can't imagine what she could have been doing but that definatly borders on neglect in my opinion
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:18 PM on May. 28, 2011

• 06-07mom Don't be niave! No neighborhood is 100% safe! Bad people can come into your neighborhood too!
    Anonymous

• I use to know someone that let there 3 yr old play outside of the apts(which are not the safest apts) I thought it was terrible.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 4:13 PM on May. 28, 2011

• well he just turned four even when he was three she would.
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 4:17 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think it's neglect. I can't imagine letting my little one outside without me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:18 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I like the sex offender idea.
    marieadams

Answer by marieadams at 4:21 PM on May. 28, 2011