Tossing out the junk food--Need some healthy snack ideas for me and kids

It is near impossible to sit down to a full meal at my house.I have a very active autistic son.He is 6 yrs old and i have to stay on him all day to keep from destroying the house.And i have typical curious 2 yr old daughter.I feel mentally and physically tired all the time.And need some ideas on foods to help give me energy.Instead of just grabbing some potato chips real quick.I am on the underweight side so i need to eat very often. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Any kind of fruits, carrots w/ ranch...there are a bunch of healthy snack ideas. Look some up online.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 4:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• You could get some lean peppered turkey and pair it with apples or celery. I try to keep lots of watermelon/cantaloupe/grapes/apples in the house. Also baby carrots, the celery (for with peanut butter) and cauliflower.
    Danielle163

Answer by Danielle163 at 4:53 PM on May. 28, 2011

• fruits, vegs, special k bars or crackers, trail mix, nuts, raisins, cereal, fiber bars, fig bars or cookies, ensure or caration breakfast drinks, special k drinks, cheese and crackers, applesauce cups, fruit cups, yougat, pudding cups/
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:13 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Bell pepper slices with hummus or another dip. Keep all kinds of fruit handy that doesn't need to be prepared - bananas, apples, grapes, oranges. My kids like the clementines because they're so easy to peel.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 6:38 PM on May. 28, 2011

• fruits
    vegetables
    hummus
    guacamole
    avocado pudding

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on May. 28, 2011

• carmel or other flavored rice cakes
    popcorn
    trail mix
    dried fruit
    string cheese
    peperoni and ritz crackers
    amy585

Answer by amy585 at 9:04 AM on May. 29, 2011