Is sharp stabbing pains in my vaginal area and lowest part of abdomin normal?

I am 31 weeks pregnant, I went to my doctor last week and he has informed me that my cervix has started to thin slightly. So now I have been having these pains for like 3 or 4 days and they come and go but it is nothing like contractions. Does anyone know what is wrong with me?? Im worried please help me

bentleysmamma

Asked by bentleysmamma at 5:00 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would go into L&D just to be on the safe side.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:02 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Do you really think that its that severe I was thinking maybe Braxton Hicks or stretching
    bentleysmamma

Comment by bentleysmamma (original poster) at 5:22 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I never had that with my first, but with my youngest son, I got horrible pain that felt like someone was shoving a knife in my cervix. It lasted months!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:38 PM on May. 28, 2011

• thanx juliejacobkyle that helps alot i actually am working on #3 now and never had it with my other 2 but it also has been 5 years since my last baby was born maybe this is some of the reason
    bentleysmamma

Comment by bentleysmamma (original poster) at 6:21 PM on May. 28, 2011

• If it feels like sharp pressure every now and then in the cervix area then its just the baby preparing itself and getting into place. Im 34 weeks and I am starting to feel that sharpness. You may also feel tightness of your stomach. The sharpness does catch you off guard but it is just the baby preparing to get into place for delivery time. It almost makes you think that you are going to see a hand or foot waving at you because of how much the pressure can be lol. Its normal but if you start feeling consistant cramping like contractions then call the doctor.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 8:01 PM on May. 28, 2011