Is it your money, his money, or our money?

In my marriage it's OUR money. We both work but we have one checking account, a joint savings and only one debit card and we share all of these....in my opinion like a marriage should. What's the situation in your marriage?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 5:45 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• It is ours, we both have contributed to it, and we both have access to it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:49 PM on May. 28, 2011

• It's always been our money--for more than 46 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:48 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Same here, every account has both our names to it.

Answer by older at 5:49 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Ours. He earns it, I manage it. I pay all the bills, do all the shopping, do all the housework and meal planning. We work as a team on this to keep our family running smoothly.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:54 PM on May. 28, 2011

• It's our money. He makes it, I spend it (pay the bills, buy groceries and things we need). It's just easier that I pay the bills since I am the one home during the day when they call saying we didn't pay when we did. We each have a debit card but we don't buy anything we don't need over $25 without consulting the other.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:00 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My husband and I have been married for 1 1/2 years, and we have seperate checking accounts right now. But lately I have been thinking that we should just combine and do joint. It seems like it would be much easier! The only reason I kept them seperate to begin with is because of my ex-husband. When we divorced he took me off of all our joint accounts and kinda screwed me over. It took a little while but I trust my current husband for that not to happen again.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 5:56 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Ours.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:58 PM on May. 28, 2011

• He has his account, I have mine. We both got into this relationship late in life and are just used to it that way. He has been known to bounce a check or two and I don't want that happening to my account. But it works for us. We are fair.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:58 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Our checking and savings so it is OUR money! LOL
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:10 PM on May. 28, 2011

• He may work outside the home and maybe the one "earning" it; but it's OUR money and OUR bills! We never had this his and her garbage.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:02 PM on May. 28, 2011