WTF?! Is this what people think it means to be a christian?!!!!!!!

In other words, do people think it's cool or ok to send you a private message, tell you how "mean" you are and berate you, then to block you from being able to reply back to them?!!! WTF is that about?!
And yes, this was from someone who claims to be a christian, and I guess just wanted to lash out at me.
What a fucking coward!!!

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 6:12 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Sorry that happened to you, sahmamax2! On the bright side, if you're blocked now you won't have to hear from them in PM anymore.

No, personally I don't think that is an example of being a Christian or Christ-like at all. Most Christians I know are not like that. Many aren't even particularly pushy or vocal about their beliefs, and they just try to lead an ethical, compassionate life like I do...though I've come across that kind of 'Christian' on occasion.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:44 PM on May. 29, 2011

• To be honest... the meanest people, rudest people, most self righteous people I have ever met on line or in real life are the ones who will brag/announce/claim to be Christians.

REAL Christians dont need to scream it from the roof tops... they simply live it.

Anonymous

• That happened to me once, randomly. It is cowardly, but has lil to do with their chosen faith. There are buttheads in every belief system.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:15 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Anon- I voted you down for lumping all Christians together. I am an Atheist and I hate it when people make wide assumptions about what all Atheist are like. It is just wrong.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:41 PM on May. 28, 2011

• The answer to your question is "No", but I think you already knew that.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 6:30 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I don't think that what it "means" to be a Christian, no. I'm not saying that this person isn't one...I don't know the circumstances. But, I make sure not to lump all Christians into one group.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:41 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Being a Christian does not mean you live like a monk. They are human also. When a person calls themselves a Christian people seem to believe they can do no wrong. Not true. They go through the same emotions as anyone else but being a Christian they have to believe that they can rise above that feeling and move on. The person you are referring to was wrong for what she did. Her behaviour was not becoming of a Christian. If she really had a problem with you, she should have told you what the problem was and gave you the opportunity to respond. Then the both of you could have resolved the issue instead of it turning out the way it did.

I'm just saying....

smightygood

Answer by smightygood at 10:55 PM on May. 28, 2011

•  THat sucks beeky, that you get messages like that. i would never and HAVE never sent a message like that. I don't understand it...beyond how insecure they must be.

Tell me about lol.  Isn't it interesting how they tell you in the most malicious way how you need to find god to be a good moral person, and yet, in the 4 years I've been on this site, I have NEVER sent a message like that.  Nor have I ever had the inclination to.

adnilm, the messages I have received have most often been from someone I have never encountered in a group or post.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• People don't think that's what Christianity is.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:14 PM on May. 28, 2011

• what is with all the vote downs???
    Anonymous