Hmmm..very strange adult content

9 months pregnant and so of course have to pee every 3-5 minutes lol...the thing is, the last couple of weeks it seems like my bladder never empties completely...unless I stand up and pee (stradle the toilet and just stand straight up) so I'll start off sitting down..go until it stops, then stand up...I'll feel like a jolt or kick or something in my bladder and then off I go again...thats the only way I can feel like my bladder is empty...I already know this is weird but I wanted to know if anyone else has ever experienced anything like that before.

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 6:22 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Completely normal. My LP was actually making fun of me for this last night when I got up to pee for the millionth time. I guess he has never witnessed me in there lifting up my belly and rolling myself around trying to get everything out.

And that is why my mother's famous quote has stuck with me "There is no dignity in pregnancy" LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:55 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I know its gross but when you are going lean forward and it should press on your bladder enough where all the pee will come out. Its a common problem when you are this far along. You should pee more. If that doesnt work and you are leaking then you need to get checked out. I assume you know what having to pee feels like. If your water breaks you dont feel that it just comes out.

Answer by gemgem at 6:25 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I have. I would also have to stand up, squat and push a little. It got worse the closer it came to have the baby. You don't have long to go Momma!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 6:26 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Your uterus, and thus, your baby, is sitting on top of your bladder. Try picking up your belly and lifting the baby off your bladder while you are peeing.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 6:36 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I did :) your not alone lol.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 6:41 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I do the leaning thing as well. It is normal. The baby kind of blocks off parts of the bladder so sometimes it takes a bit of moving around to get that last part out. Not a silly question in the least.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• i would say lean forward, that what i have to do when i get that far along in my pregnancy's and it worked for me, i think its pretty normal
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:18 PM on May. 28, 2011