Leaving husband on my 18th anniversary

Yep... Im considering it. There is a half marathon I really want to do in another state on our anniversary... and it is very near a college my daughter is interested in. I could take her to see the college AND do my race.

Hummmm.... wondering how this will go over. He has never been a stickler for exact dates. If we celebrate a week early or a week late Im thinking he would be ok with it.

How would this go over in your home????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• LMAO...I thought you meant you were leaving HIM....my hubby would know that it was important to me and would probably even come with me to support me, you can celebrate your anniversary anytime..how often can you run a marathon? I say talk to him about it and I'm sure he'll say Go for it! =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:38 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Itd go over fine. My husband wants me to be happy.

Answer by gemgem at 6:37 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I would make it fun for everyone! Make it a nice long weekend. Rent a hotel room, have your daughter bring a friend. Let them stay in the hotel, swim, order pizza, and you and dh can have a nice romantic dinner out on the town. Kill 3 birds with one stone
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:38 PM on May. 28, 2011

• As long as we get to celebrate, I don't think mine would care if we moved it to another day.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 6:38 PM on May. 28, 2011

• We've had to celebrate at another time many times because he was deployed or ou to sea. It was no big deal as long as we acknowledged it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:41 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Id talk to DH about it and if it was ok with him Id do it. But if not I wouldnt out of respect. Same goes here. Id be fine with it as long as he asks ahead of time and we celebrate another way.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 6:41 PM on May. 28, 2011

• LMAO. Mine wouldn't KNOW it was our anniversary to start with. LOL. I would celebrate before you go, and then have fun on your trip.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:47 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Why cant he come with you? Watch the race and then you can go have an anniversary dinner that night somewhere.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:48 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Well it should be ok in your case since you have been married for alot of years but for me NOT! we have only been married 2 years and she still follows me around the house lol.
    I think your husband will understand and hey he might even want to come with you...
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:41 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Why not?! He should go with you guys and do something in the midst off all of this! Obviously your daughter will be ok at the hotel for a few hours!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 8:22 PM on May. 28, 2011