Anyone else feeling a little isolated?

I have friends but no friends anymore who DH, son & I can hang out with and do things with. It seems like everyone already has a full social slate.

It is really depressing some days. And I feel like all I can see is all the things other people are doing and it seems like we're the only family in this boat.

Don't get me wrong - we're lucky to have each other, but it would be nice to have some other people to hang out with every once in a while.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I totally get where you're coming from! I've been out of social circulation for a while due to some medical issues, and now it seems like my old friends are all busy all the time. Of course, I didn't really do much before either, but it would be nice if someone had some time.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:05 PM on May. 28, 2011

• hey I've been feeling exactly the same way. I am not embarrased to admit I have no friends or social life. I live far, far away from my family...and have no contact with them and trust me if you knew my family you would agree with me its better that way...but i've been feeling lonely. And just as you, I have my SO and kids, and they are my joy but every now and then you need to socialize...have interaction with other people, for conversations other than how was work? or what did you do in school today? You know what i mean?....I would love to host a get together, a party, invite people over for dinner on a saturday night or have a barbeque with friends..I need a girls night out time or go to the mall shopping for a new outfit ora pair of shoes with a gfriend etc..and I have none of that whatsoever:(so sad this is why I have openly posted on here CM that I'm looking for new friends to add and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 7:41 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I know you feel. But we r like that because of my son. He is autistic. Families go through the isolation thing. And when we r around otjer people they look at him wierd. Then also we r very busyy people.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 12:34 AM on May. 30, 2011