Do your step child(ren) call you mom??

my step kid are 2, 1 and 7 months....the one and two year old started calling me mom.. im sure the 7 month old will too. i dont mind but i talked to their dad about it and he doesnt believe me. my kids call him by his name, but they both say hes their dad. my son sometimes calls him dad. i dont know how he feels about it bc wont tlk to me when i bring it up. that to me shows he doesnt care. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Well the children are small and if they call you mom then the husband should be happy they love you enough to do so. My son has a step father and he tells his friends that he his dad but calls him by his first name because my son is 16....but small children do stuff like that.
    You not trying to take their mothers place your just trying to be a good step mother.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:16 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My step son calls me by my name and I prefer it that way. He has a mother. I prefer to be known as dad's wife.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 8:48 PM on May. 28, 2011

• no
    Anonymous

• My steps do not and my oldest dd does call my dh dad (her stepdad)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:32 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think you may have put this in the wrong category.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:10 PM on May. 28, 2011

• That's tricky.... its hard enough to blend families - when children feel the need to give u a label... that
    Shows they have developed a closeness to you. I say don't continue to discuss with hubby but just
    Embrace the fact that it is going good now and let's hope it remains as such. My 3 yr old asked my
    Darling hubby "are u my dad" and he simply (with no expression) said I'm your step dad. Npw menlove to feel appreciated
    So although unspoken trust me he is thinking something. My dh told me it was difficult for him to hug
    My 3 yr old at first because his own dad was not there when he was young so he never developed a love that
    Really had him open with others. But he has since we've met
    1JLS

Answer by 1JLS at 9:44 PM on May. 28, 2011

• i meant to put it in general parenting idk what happen lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• my stepdaughter calls me "ma". She asked me if she could call me Mom. I told her she could call me Ma if she wanted, because thats what I called my mother. Her Mom walked out on her and isn't in her life much but when she is in front of her own mother.. she calls me "miss elena".. ( interesting.)
    VonaMom

Answer by VonaMom at 12:46 AM on May. 29, 2011