Writing at 3

so my dd is really smart. i dont hardly even work with her at all and today she wrote her name all by herself. i was like "thats awesome". after dinner we were coloring and I said ok write your name for me and she completly forgot how. she is also "very emotional" and up and down with her emotions. is this related? has anyone elses kid done this? my nephew does and he has ADHD. so things do run in our family with issues

VDietrich

Asked by VDietrich at 6:50 PM on May. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh dear dont worry. She is completely fine, they do that at this age sometimes
    I'm happy she is working so hard to learn
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 6:54 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My DD is 3 and a half and has been writing her name 'when she wants to' for about 7-8 months now. She has to be in the mood. I think it's a toddler thing. My DD is also very 'dramatic' lol. I think that is a girl thing. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:23 PM on May. 28, 2011