For those who have never been marrried and don't want to,

Why? I was very anti marriage but I am going to finally do it!

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 7:04 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• im not anti marriage.. its just not for me. i see all the problems a lot of married couples have and i dont want that. im fine with my bf being just that a bf.. i live in my house he has his. All i see are marriages ending in divorce and i dont want to go through that. my sister did it. my mom did it. my moms married to another man but yet not with him.. i dont want to be like them. so i just rather not do it.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:09 PM on May. 28, 2011

• We have been together 14 years and probably will never get married. I am not anti-marriage, and I get excited when I know other people are making that commitment to each other, but its just not something we have ever thought was a big deal. We aren't religious. We have been together since high school, we are each other's first and only, we have merged lives financially, have a home, have children, etc. I have never fantasized about my wedding like most girls do, and I don't feel like he hasn't committed to us, so I just don't care enough about the paperwork to go down and do it, I guess. LOL. Plus, I have seen marriage end terribly and don't feel that it offers me any additional protection.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:30 PM on May. 28, 2011