If you spank at home, would you spank in public?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on May. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:13 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Yes
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:14 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think you would need to be more careful about that today than when we were raising our children since the parenting police are everywhere, watching every move. The sad thing is that because some parents have abused in the name of spanking, a very good form of discipline has been given a very bad name. The good news is that if you train your children to properly behave at home, then they will pretty consistently behave well in public. There will be the occasional testing, in which case, you can quietly whisper in your child's ear that he will be spanked when you get home or to the car or wherever you will have the privacy to handle it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:16 PM on May. 28, 2011

• i do NOT do it in front of people bc it embarrasses the kid and i dont think thats right. i will take them in the bathroom and spank them

Anonymous

• I would, and have, but only about ONE time. It seems that once they realize you WILL do it, they don't test you again.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:20 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Usually I tell my daughter to be quiet until we get to the car and then spank because people will follow you and get your lisence plate number then call cps on you. Its ridiculus but thats the way it is.
    bellanrubensmom

Answer by bellanrubensmom at 7:22 PM on May. 28, 2011

• yep.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:30 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I put my kid in time-out and got CPS called on me, saying I was abusive. So, sadly no, I would not spank in public for that very reason.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:43 PM on May. 28, 2011

• At home, in public, wherever it's warranted. If my kids don't want to be "embarrassed" in public then they should act right.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:44 PM on May. 28, 2011

• No, onl;y at home .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:10 PM on May. 28, 2011