Should I just get a second job, only issue, I will not be with my SO any longer if thats what I have to resort to. I cannot......

watch a grown, able bodied man, sit on his ass while I bust mine.

I wrote a question earlier, so he's the basics of our finances.

I work 11 dollars per hour, roughly 15 hours per week.
I commute an hour and a half to school, where I am enrolled for summer to take 15 units
I will owe 1800 in tuition as soon as it is due, this summer.
I had a savings, which was a student loan of 5 k, is now down to 2 k, which is going to tuition, and it is down because my SO stopped paying what he neded to toward rent.
The job market for what I am going to school for is up 20% so I just need to get out there, many of my peers have gotten into their careers already as seniors. And are due for raises once they finish their degree...so job markets promising.

Him? He works 24 hours at 22$$ an hour, quit school 20k in debt, only current on 10k of it. Thats all. Jobs a dead end job, and has very little room for growth. He signed a contract to pay rent until I am done with school. Him living here or not. He agrees he should be working more but does not hit the pavement and actually look for work, and there are jobs here, plenty of them.

so should I just work another part time job, so I can avoid taking out another loan, since he is not willing to do more? My only concern is that I will be done with him because that means I will be busting my ass and he will be doing very LITTLE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• if he doesnt start helping out its going to lead to you resenting him which will obviously not be good. have you put it to him like that or discussed it?
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 7:16 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I would get another job and kick him out
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:17 PM on May. 28, 2011

• yes, I am very open about how much this irritates me and simply leaves me unattracted since he fails a provider, which leads to no sex, no quality time, nada. It also leaves me disappointed, which means I do not trust him to do anything, I simply do it all, which takes away from his man hood and makes him feel low, which he has said. I have also told him it shut me off emotionally because I have to put focus in doing something he could easily do, and it makes me resent him, still no change.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• If there are two of you and only one willing to work as hard as necessary for the family, then cut the dead weight. You do not want to be battling this battle your whole life.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:21 PM on May. 28, 2011

• He sounds like he needs a second job. Give him an end date.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 7:22 PM on May. 28, 2011

• this is true, i love him, but I am stressed out with him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:23 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Kick him out if he does not help
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:31 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Be done with him. Who needs a lazy couch potato. He will not suddenly feel the need to pay the bills if he doesn't now. They never change.
    studentteach

Answer by studentteach at 10:58 AM on May. 29, 2011