Are their other single moms out there who feel like their families dont consider them a "real" family because theyre single? (kind of a vent :/)

im 22, single with 20 month old twin boys. I live with my parents, and i always have. i want to move out and was about to move out before i found out i was pregnant but stayed here for the extra help and now i can't afford to live on my own.
i feel like my family doesn't consider me and my boys a real family, the way they consider my brother and his wife a family.
like a few examples, they don't have any pictures of me and my boys up in their house. like, they have a few of my bros family that my brothers wife gave them and then my mom has printed out a handful of pictures of my niece and nephew and hung them up. the only picture they have up of my twins is one i gave her of them on halloween and its on the fridge, under a bunch of papers...
sometimes i feel like my brother and his wife look down on me because "im just some teenage slut who got knocked up" whenever i was almost 20 when i got pregnant and he was the first guy i slept with and he was my boyfriend at the time. and i was older than she was when i got pregnant. sometimes i just feel like my whole family thinks more highly of them just because theyre married.

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 7:26 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Let's see, half my asshole Catholic family stopped talking to me after I got divorced. My stepbrother got married in Mexico, my dad hauled ass to go but now that I'm getting married on Wednesday, my dad is having second thoughts coming to my wedding even though its only an hour away! And honey, I'm 36 being treated this way.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:29 PM on May. 28, 2011

• people suck so much. i thought families had "unconditional' love. i guess thats kind of a lie huh
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 7:30 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Lol it definitely not how it should be. I am going through the same thing. My mom doesn't have any pictures up me or of my kids but pictures of her, her husband and kids. She breaks her neck to do something for them and they often double up on me for the dumbest stuff like not closing shower curtains when I finish showering.The killing part we always have lived together since day one. I can't wait to move out!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 7:40 PM on May. 28, 2011