How can I keep the in laws (brother and mother) from ruining our relationship?

Help! We moved in with my mother-in-law when Father-in-law was still alive (moved cross country) to be his 100% caretakers. My husband lost his job due to the move and I lost my job the day after Father-in-law passed (office closed). I'm currently in school and we don't think we can leave mother-in-law to fend for herself. However 8 months ago my currently recovering alcoholic brother-in-law also moved into the home. He can't and won't ever legally be able to drive again. When the stress (more him then her) started to get to me I talked to DH and he told me to suck it up now DH understands how I feel and agrees but feels obligated to be here for his Mom. How can I make him understand she is grown and NOT his responsibility?

Tess929

Asked by Tess929 at 7:33 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you should be upfront with him and plan on moving out , you and your husband.. he can still take care of her from another place.
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 1:10 PM on May. 29, 2011