How old is your baby and what is their eating schedule right now?

My baby girl is 15 days old and this is her eating "schedule" (as much of a schedule that a newborn can have at least) so far! I prefer what I've been doing to what I did when my son was a newborn, but they are two different babies, so this wouldn't have worked with my son like it does with her. She gets sleepy when she nurses and I noticed that she gets longer stretches of sleep when I nurse her on one side, then wait a while to nurse her on the other side. If I try to do it one after the other she usually won't be awake enough to eat or won't want to.

During the day:

Sleep for 3hrs at a time, sometimes 4hrs
Nurse on one side for about 20mins
Have 30-45mins of awake time
Change diaper
Nurse on other side for 10-20mins, she falls asleep when she's done
*Repeat* haha

At night:

The only thing that's different is she might have a longer stretch of sleep in between feedings. The longest she's gone is 5hrs a couple times, it's more often 4hrs.

ours

Asked by ours at 7:44 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 9 months :
    7:00 – Wake and 9 oz Formula bottle
    9:00 – Breakfast - Baby cereal w/ juice .
    11:00 – 9 oz Formula
    1:00 – Lunch - Baby food w/ juice or water
    3:00 – 9 oz Formula
    5:00 – Dinner - Baby food w/ 9 oz formula
    7:00 – 9 oz Formula and Bedtime
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 8:36 PM on May. 28, 2011

• at 15 days that is good that they are going 5 hours between feedings. mine didnt. he as always been four hours or less. but my baby is a big boy so that could be the issue.
    kristianmommy

Answer by kristianmommy at 4:01 PM on May. 29, 2011

• When my daughter was about that age she teased me with a whole week of sleeping for a 5 hour stretch. She would go to bed at ten pm with us and sleep until 3-4 am. It was much needed sleep. I almost woke her up one night because I was afraid she was starving. This quickly went away. At one month old she went back to eating every 2-3 hours at night. However, at three months old she decided she wanted to sleep through the night. She slept from 8 pm to 3 am every single night and now sleeps from 630 pm to 530 am and it's fantastic! She's 7 months old btw.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 10:08 PM on May. 29, 2011