ASAP broken winged bird

It wont let me wrap it.. does this mean its a loss cause? I can't keep it forever, but was willing to put it up for the week a bandage takes to work. I have tried tried tried and believe at this point its more harm than good to try and wrap it. Should I just put it back outside?

GirlWithANikon

Asked by GirlWithANikon at 7:46 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Pets

• Can you call like one of those animal places? I forget what it's called. The one you call for wild animal removal and that? Oh yeah - animal control. Maybe they can help out or offer advice!
    Anonymous

• animal control? yesh i have to pay them and they dont take care of animals just trap and remove. but they closed at 5
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 7:51 PM on May. 28, 2011

• yes*
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 8:06 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Contact a wildlife rehabber ~ they are best qualified to decide whether or not the bird has a chance to make it or not, and they know how to care for them. Animal control might pick it up, but they will euth unless it's an endangered species. Most vets can't/won't help either, although some may be able to refer you to a rehabber. Either of those links should get you some help.

It may take them up to 12 hours to get back to you ... spring is a super hectic time for them. They won't charge you any money, but if you can, offer to donate some cash, old towels, a stack of newspaper, or ask what they need and see if you have it. They get no pay for doing what they do!

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:31 PM on May. 28, 2011