Chicken pox???

Hey! Anyone around have kids who had chicken pox that have already been vaccinated as a baby? My 7 y/0 looks as though she has them. I never thought it possible after vaccination, then again, I suppose that isn't 100 percent. No fever, but tired. Sort of itchy. Thnx!

maggiebree

Asked by maggiebree at 8:14 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Health

• I've heard you can still get them if you've had the vaccine.
    Anonymous

• Both of my boys got chicken pox after having been vaccinated. The pox are small watery blisters, very itchy. They both had fevers. I was so amazed when my oldest had them because I hadn't seen a chicken pock in 30 years. Then his little brother got them 3 years later (he wasn't even conceived when my oldest had them.)

They say the outbreak is less severe. My oldest took oatmeal baths to soothe him.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:20 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Are you sure that it's not flea bites or misquito bites, or even an allergy to something? That would be my first thought would be to check these first. If he is not running a fever then i would assume it would be somethign else, but i would however keep an eye on it just in case he does produce a fever.
    I dont think it's entirely impossible for them to get chicken pox if they have had a shot. And i thought only the shot was to prevent them from getting a very bad case not to protect them from getting it in the first place. You might wanna do some research on the shot itself. If it gets worse over the course of the weekend i would try to get him to the dr.
    smadar

Answer by smadar at 8:22 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Vaccines do NOT stop the disease completely. It lessens the case IF the child develops the disease, so it is possible that your child has chicken pox even though they are vaccinated. CALL THE DOCTOR and describe the rash.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:36 PM on May. 28, 2011