When will the baby kick?

People told me that the baby will kick like around 17 weeks or so.... thats what the internet said too... and i also wanted to know when i will find out the sex of the baby? because i ill be 16 weeks pregnant in a week and a half and people said that is when you can find out the sex of the baby is that true? I just hope i will find out next week, if the baby cooperiates with the utralsound...

tasha90293

Asked by tasha90293 at 8:17 PM on May. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was about four and a half months when I felt the baby kick for the first time.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 8:18 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I felt flutters at 12 weeks,but the average is around 17-20
    best time to find the sex is at 20+ weeks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:18 PM on May. 28, 2011

• For a first baby, you sometimes cant tell what are or arnt kicks/movements till closer to 20 weeks. That is also the best time to find out the gender, as there is enough room to move in there, things are developed enough, that sort of thing.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:20 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Yeah like i have sharp pains in my side and i told me doctor of whats going on with that, and he said its because im getting bigger is that why im getting a sharp pain at 3 and a half months pregnant?
    tasha90293

Comment by tasha90293 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on May. 28, 2011

• The sharp pain is probably not kicking... kicking doesnt really hurt it just gets irratating at the end of the pregnancy... 18-20 weeks is the best time for gender..The pain is probably your ligaments streching. they may be able to see when you go, usually a doctor wont schedule an ultrasound around that time of the pregnancy unless they feel confident the sex can be determined.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:28 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Plus all sorts of things start to hurt, the baby is getting bigger and squishing organs up and over.It could be a nerve that is pinched too? But yah the kicking wont hurt till they are much bigger. My neighbor had a realy big baby( 24 inches long 11 pounds) and he kicked her ribs so hard one of them broke.THat was her last baby !! lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:48 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Yeah i was 12 weeks when i got a utralsound or a sosogram or whatever you call it. yeah my doctor said that same thing that my ligaments are streching. but what does that mean though? does that mean that im getting bigger?
    tasha90293

Comment by tasha90293 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I was 14 weeks when mine did a whole summersault several times. So big movements 14 weeks I guess because I was thin,little kicks 16 weeks. Sharp pains from movement for me didn't happen until about 30 weeks when he started trying to do basically a jumping jack without much space.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:46 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I was 12 wks along when our ultrasound tech told me we were having a boy, she also said not to run out and buy all the boy stuff we could find, but she was 90% sure, but at 16 wks she was able to tell for sure that the baby was a boy. I also started feeling little flutters around 19 weeks, and by 23 wks little kicks.
    kcurtis28

Answer by kcurtis28 at 6:40 PM on May. 29, 2011