What would you do if you were me?

The WHY I did this is not important. But what I want to know is this:
My husband left his gmail account open on the laptop. We have the same themes on iGoogle, so I didn't check to see if it was mine, and went into Gmail. On May 12th, he was composing or tried to compose an email to a girl he found on Craigslist. On April 22nd, he DID actually send a message to a girl in Casual Encounters on CL. I thought I was going to throw up.

Should I confront him, let it go, because I have no proof anything happened, just the emails... No one ever emailed him, that I know of, but his inbox only has two or three innocent things in them (Paypal, youtube) and his trash is also totally empty... No spam... I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Confront him for sure

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:48 PM on May. 28, 2011

• what would I do?
    Print out all of the evidence twice, one to show him, one to hide away and keep as evidence, just in case he leaves, this give you a case, adultery is not going to look good on himif it gets to where you need to collect alimony or anything etc. And then I would staple all of the evidence together, give him a copy and say, this is some interesting stuff, you should look at it.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:51 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I would confront him... who cares if you have proof of an act, you have proof of intention. I would be flipping sh*t right now. And I would probably do like previous poster said and print copies of the emails... only I would probably throw that at him when I saw him, while I was screaming at him.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:04 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I would print the email out and make a copy of it for the future. I would hide one copy. And wait. I would not say anything to him. I would try to get more evidence on this matter.

If you are not ready to leave him, do not confront him on it.  He will just lie to you.

Answer by louise2 at 9:08 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I don't have a printer at home, but I have emailed them to myself, so that I CAN print them later on. I'm just shocked, here I thought our relationship was getting better, I guess now I know why.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:08 PM on May. 28, 2011

• First, do not rashly and angrily confront him. You want to be composed and be able to rationally think while talking with him. If you are enraged and emotional, it will be easier for him to twist lies and make you doubt yourself and what you saw. He will also throw it back at you that you were "snooping" and make you out to be the bad guy. I know you said you were not snooping, but it will be his first line of defense.Trust me, I am talking from experience....many many cases of this to be exact, and i have believed him when he tries to turn it back on me. You need to sit down and talk to him about it as two grown ups and figure out what is happening and if you can work it out. PLease add me or PM if you would ever like to talk. Good luck to you
    cheyegirl82

Answer by cheyegirl82 at 10:15 PM on May. 28, 2011

• i agree with domonique print the e-mail out save a copy for yourself and confront him with the other copy.... because if he did get an e-mail back he could have deleated it you never know
    AshleyAngel86

Answer by AshleyAngel86 at 10:51 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Well if it was me, I would not sit on it, I would not LET IT GO...

nor would I go to sleep with out asking him about it.!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:08 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I'd confront him, even if he hasn't gotten any responses yet, he is actively looking for women to cheat on you with.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:01 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I would confront him about it, even if he did not meet with her it's still betrayal and infidelity in my book. It doesn't need to be physical to be considered cheating. I would also wonder if he has done this before and this is just the first time you found out, and I would also check myself for STD's. And I agree with the previous poster and print the e-mail also.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:43 AM on May. 29, 2011