Black Licorice and preterm labor????

Ive heard all of these rumors that suggest large consumption of black licorice can cause cervix dilation...now I am totally not interested in eating a truck load but one 6 ounce box of good and plenty eaten over like a couple of days won't hurt me right??? I swear to pete all the things I crave have some sort of poopy side effect or wives tale attached to it. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• lol, i dont think it would hurt u to eat them, well i hope it dont
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:12 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think you should be fine but if your really bothered by it you couls always give a call to the doc... or google the pregnancy nurses hotlines, they are usually free and be able to answer your questions.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:15 PM on May. 28, 2011

• http://nccam.nih.gov/health/licoriceroot/

Eating one box over several days shouldn't be an issue. I personally wouldn't eat it often while pregnant due to the blood pressure and Potassium side effects.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:15 PM on May. 28, 2011