Okay, weird toe thing....

So, I know this is going to sound weird, and I hope I explain it well! But, I've had this really strange thing happeing with my second toe on my right foot. I've been trying to look it up online, but all I keep getting is hits on diabetes on neuropathy, but I know it's not that. I know it's a nerve that's doing it, but every now and then if I move my foot in a certain way, my toe starts to feel weird and then it all of a sudden kind of straightens out unnaturally compared to my other toes. It's painful, but only lasts about 30 seconds and then it's gone. My toe seems to straighten out and below my other toes. I know this sounds weird...I just hope someone knows what I am talking about and has an idea of what it is!!

jalvarez626

Asked by jalvarez626 at 9:12 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Health

• Every once in awhile my big toe will kind of spasm by itself...I don't know what that is...it is a little painful until it stops...I always thought it was just the nerves acting funky and have never really researched what else it could be...sorry I couldnt be more help mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:20 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My hands will do the same thing...freeze up like that and then relax again. My doctor said that was too much caffeine. I don't know if the same would apply to you?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:29 PM on May. 28, 2011

• sounds like it's cramping or a muscle spasm in the tendon that extends the toe. Try a magnesium supplement along with getting enough potassium, calcium, and iron in your diet. Mention it to your doc next time your in.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:42 PM on May. 28, 2011