Do you ever feel like rubbing your success in the people who doubted you faces?

So many people doubted me, would speak ill of me, and just were rotten. But I didn have many supportive friends and family who believed in me.

My husband is throwing me a graduation dinner, I graduated from a university after winter quarter, and just got a great job, he wanted to celebrate. Its supposed to be cocktail style at this nice hotel.

orginally I thought no, because I felt it to be obnoxious, but then I looked at the guest list. Here's where I got vicious.

He invited his cousins, who all tried to 'get rid of me' because I was 'stuck up' and bitchy. I never grew to like them. They later realized they may have pre-judged me, but first impressions are a killer, and I didn't like that they did that to me.

He also invited some of his friends, and if you ever had a SO or hubby who has just jack asses for friends you will know my pain. One of them once argued how he was neglecting his friends because of his relationship with me, so he should leave me, lol. I just choose to not deal with them, and not entertain their negative remarks.

So I should just go, looking great, feeling great, knowing at 21, former teen mom, I worked my ass off to get to where I am now, and I am DAMN proud, right? one night to celebrate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• They think I am crazy and full of shit I am about to prove them all wrong.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:14 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Absolutly! there is nothing wrong with taking pride in your acomplishments and it's probably making your husband happy to be doing this for you. Who cares if your gonna get a little joy out of rubbing a few faces in it, the only ones who will know are gonna be you, your husband and now cafemom :) I promise I won't tell anyone :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• You earned it and deserved it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:32 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Go. I think it is important. Not so much to "rub their noses in it" but because it is something you worked hard for and eared and should have some recognition for. It is a time to be proud of your accomplishent and what it will contribute to your family.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:02 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Good on ya. Hell. I am proud for you.
    14 years ago I was brand new in the Air Force. My boss told me I would never make it. Guess what?? I outrank him now. He retired a few years ago a rank below what I am now.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:24 PM on May. 28, 2011

• i think you should celebrate for sure, although I also think seeing its your party, people you want their should be there......you should have control over the guest list, but thats just me.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:28 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think he just wanted to invite all of our friends and local family. I would un-invite them but he already invited them and in order to keep peace I am just going to find some joy in them attending.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Hell yes!! I'm waiting for the day I finally graduate from college. My mother is, unfortunately, the one person who was the least amount of faith in me. She always tells me she'll never believe anything good will happen to me until it actually does. She was always doubtful that with two kids, I can actually finish my college degree. When I do graduate, at my party, I will stand up and say thanks to everyone who ALWAYS believed in me and never once doubted me. Congratulations on your success and know that you did work your ass off anjd you deserve it just as much as everyone else.
    jalvarez626

Answer by jalvarez626 at 9:39 PM on May. 28, 2011

• @jalvarez626

My mom was also the most doubtful person.

When I graduated HS 2 years l early, her response "Good luck doing anything at 16, no one will hire you."
    When I moved out at 16 "Good luck being homeless" I actually shared an apartment with my now husband
    When I transfered to a community college to a University "If I were you I'd be working FT now, you're going to get in a lot of debt, not be able to find a job, and you are selfish in putting school ahead of your family" YES makes no sense
    When I graduated she congratulated me and said "congratulations, but the job market sucks, you won't find anything but min wage jobs."

I haven't told her yet but I just signed a contract to a job where I get paid salary 1250 per week plus 3 weeks of PAID vacation. Plus I get great health and dental benefits. Hahahaha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 PM on May. 28, 2011

• not to mention the room to grow in the company, this is my starting position, I used to intern there, it paid off.
    Anonymous