Building a barbie house for my daughter ideas and help??

when I was a kid my dad build me a barbie house for my barbies, and I would LOVE to do the same for my girls.. I seen some cute ideas online about using recycled materials, like a dresser, and/or a bookshelf. That I know would be really easy to do on my own. (easier than buying all the wood needed and doing it from scratch anyways. So my question is this:

I seen the idea for the dresser and bookself, what are some other items you could use to build a barbie scaled doll house? Idea's to make windows or roofs or any furniture, etc? I have some ideas of my own, but would love to hear other's ideas as well and play around with options.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 9:18 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You could always do a bed, dresser, etc. out of plastic canvas and yarn. Old film canisters could be painted to be end tables or glue a couple together to make a bigger table. Some of the flat pill bottle lids could be painted and glued to the ceilings for lights. Aluminum foil on a piece of cardboard could be a mirror. The color palette cards for paint could be cut down, put a cute sticker or draw something on them and make a frame out of toothpicks, popsicle sticks, etc. for framed art.

Thats all that is coming to mind at the moment
    LilLady75

Answer by LilLady75 at 10:12 PM on May. 28, 2011

• A friend of mine made her young DD a doll house out of a 3 shelf book shelf. Then tool these canvas basket/box things... they fit perfectly 2 side by side on the shelf. She decorated and glues the furniture down in the canvas boxes. So the rooms are inter-changeable but the small bits are not lost. There are more rooms that space so the house is always different. (Kitchen, bedroom, kids room, bathroom, living room, kitchen , dining room, play room... that might be all...)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:00 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I like the lid ideas for light fixtures that's cute :) Maybe put an led light in them as well and the toothpick popcsicle frames sound like a great idea.. I ended up finding a book shelf in the attic i'm gonna use, I just had to take one shelf out and move the other one up some so it added height.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 11:55 PM on May. 28, 2011