Questions for teen parents to answer if you get the chance!

I've posted a few questions earlier because I need input on parents on their perspective of being a parent. Im a college student taking a parenting class and would appreciate as much help as i can get! I need to interview parents who have a child from ages 13 to 18. You can message me, email me at haque.shareen.5574@dupage.edu, or just let me know here if your interested in answering a few questions regarding what its like to parent a teen. here are examples of some of the questions you will have to answer:

\What parenting issues are you currently dealing with?

What is your approach on guiding or disciplining children?

How is having a child at this age affecting your life?

What do you enjoy most about having a child at this age? Whats the hardest part?

\How are you preparing for your child leaving home in a few years?

princesshareen

Asked by princesshareen at 12:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm mom to 4 sons ages 14 through 22. Only my 14 year old remains at home.
    Parenting issues I'm currently dealing with? teen smoking and the possibility of teen sex.
    My approach is open and honest communication with my teen.

pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 2:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• How is having a child this age affecting my life? i love all my kids, but my youngest is almost 15 and he knows it all, just ask him. Lol. I'm tired. Tired of arguing with teenagers. Especially since this one is #4. Just tired. Ready to start a new chapter in my life that doesn't include bickering with a teen. Tired of worrying where he is when he doesn't show up on time at home......tired of telling him the risks of smoking after finding another pack of cigarettes in his pocket..........tired of asking him to clean his room for the millionth time. Just tired.

pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 2:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• What do I enjoy about my teen? I love when he makes a good decision. I let him know. I love when he gives me a hug and/or a kiss just because he misses me. It makes me happy that he is happy and healthy and that he is a good person.

The hardest part? Worrying............about his safety..........about his future.

How do I prepare him for the future? Well, he's special needs, so we plan to send him to a trade school when he reaches 9th grade. Something he may be able to specialize in as a career choice. He won't have to be completely prepared for adulthood because he will always have us as his parents to guide him along the way. It doesn't end at 18. It doesn't even end when they move out!
    pinkink

• The issues in my home are school work, texting, computer and game time, sex, drugs, alcohol, smoking, and chores. My kids are 13 (girl) and 14 (boy). We discipline by taking away privileges, and grounding. It's kind of a day to day thing as kids at this age are moody, growing and changing. But its great to see what my parents dealt with and try to do the best with them. I enjoy them now because they can do so much more for themselves and its interesting to see the people they are becoming. The hardest part is being a parent and not a friend, and seeing them struggle. My children all have daily chores to do such as cleaning and helping with dinner, we try to teach them how to budget. And we hope that they learn from our mistakes and our relationships so they can be prepared for the real world. And we hope they become happy healthy adults.
    irockmom3

Answer by irockmom3 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008